Skip to content

Julia Mackel

Quality Improvement Coaching Lead

NHS Lothian

Image of 'Julia Mackel

Biography

I am HCPC registered and I have 20 years clinical background working in Dietetics within Acute and Primary Care. Within that time I was Team Lead for a PanLothian Dietetic service providing care for patients at home receiving enteral tube feeding. My passion has always been to continually improve patient care. My QI journey started by looking at improvements which could be made within my local service. I carried out a 2 year project to implement Releasing Time to Care to AHP services in Lothian which implements a continuous improvement model to clinical services.  I have completed Lean Green Belt in 2017 and I have also had the privilege to complete Scottish Improvement Leaders Programme (ScIL). For two years I have worked within the Quality Improvement Support Team which has included the work of the Scottish Patient Safety Programme (SPSP) and supporting the Lothian Quality Academy and providing QI coaching to groups and individuals. In March 2018 I took on the role of QI Coaching Lead to develop and expand the QI coaching network in NHS Lothian.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Julia Mackel

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.