Skip to content

Jane Douthwaite

Student Midwife

University of Northumbria and City Hospitals Sunderland

Image of 'Jane Douthwaite

Biography

#HelloMyNameIs Jane

As a third year Student Midwife, I am proud to be the first undergraduate student to be accepted onto the Q Community.

I have a passion for quality improvement and sustainable change and have been kindly described as a 'rebel' and unconventional in my thinking about transformation.

I have been involved in multiple national projects throughout my studies including co-facilitating change management events nationally and internationally.

I am multiple award winner in the field of change and the only undergraduate to be awarded an International Fellowship from the University of Canterbury and Christchurch’s England Centre for Practice Development.

I am also the National Coordinator of the Academy of Fabulous Stuff - Fab Ambassadors team.

During April 2017, I became the lead for a new Q Community Special Interest Group (SIG) 'Bridging Networks' - a group for anyone interested in quality improvement across health and social care whether they are at the front line, in the board rooms, in the community or primary care.

A place where multiple networks and communities such as other SIGS, individual Q Community Members, Academic Health Science Networks, NHS Improvement teams, Change Day Hubbies, Fab Ambassadors can come together at a local, regional and national level.

This SIG will provide a safe space for individuals and teams to reach likeminded people and share their ideas around change, quality improvement and organisation development, methodologies, service improvements and innovations from within their areas.

By joining the dots across multiple systems, we can all consider how we can work in more creative ways which embrace networks and communities crossing traditional organisational boundaries.

The answers to a lot of our problems already exist, so let us move from ‘me’ to ‘we’ and consider how we can all move forward, together.

If you would like to join the SIG or to connect, please send me a message.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Jane Douthwaite

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.