Skip to content

Jacqueline Sneddon

Project Lead for Scottish Antimicrobial Prescribing Group

Healthcare Improvement Scotland

Image of 'Jacqueline Sneddon

Biography

I hold a Pharmacy degree from Heriot-Watt University, a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry and MSc in Clinical Pharmacy both from the University of Strathclyde and I am a Fellow of the Faculty of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS).
I have been Project Lead for the Scottish Antimicrobial Prescribing Group (SAPG) which leads the national antimicrobial stewardship programme for almost 10 years. Within SAPG I have led development of multi-professional education resources on antimicrobial stewardship, prescribing quality indicators, national consensus on antimicrobial policies, initiatives to improve the use of antimicrobials in Care Homes and development of a national antimicrobial app.
I am one of the founder members of the Association of Scottish Antimicrobial Pharmacists, past Chair of the UKCPA Pharmacy Infection Network and currently Chair of the RPS Antimicrobial Expert Advisory Group. I am a guest lecturer at both Schools of Pharmacy in Scotland and led development of the RPS/UKCPA professional curriculum for Infection and Antimicrobial Stewardship. I am a tutor on the global massive open on-line course on Antimicrobial stewardship and co-author of the on-line Challenges in Antibiotic Resistance: Point Prevalence Surveys resource. I have published several papers on antimicrobial stewardship and I am a peer reviewer for several infection and pharmacy journals.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Jacqueline Sneddon

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.