Skip to content

Helene Belmans

Programme Manager - North Wales Inverse Care Law programme

Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board

Image of 'Helene Belmans

Biography

Hi, my name is Helene and I am Programme Manager for Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board working with partners across North Wales leading a programme to develop interventions aimed at reducing health inequalities.

I enjoy the challenge of cross-organisational system change, supporting teams to shape ideas from vision into achievable benefit and practical delivery. I have an interest in bridging improvement science, change and project & programme management methodology to create pace with transformation initiatives.

Having worked within the health sector for 14 years, my prior roles included work for the National Patient Safety Collaborative, leading the strategic & operational delivery of the Cervical Screening Service in North Wales, managing implementation of the Welsh Government’s Respiratory Health Delivery plan for North Wales and various roles in redesign, commissioning and strategic delivery for healthcare provider and commissioning organisations. With an interest in process efficiency, some years ago I had the opportunity to work alongside Unipart in utilising lean/ DMAIC to improve outpatient administration processes for an acute trust.

My educational background is in business management, international marketing and education with a Masters in Commercial Science. I am keen to develop myself and recently qualified as an MSP® Practitioner to support my role as a programme manager.

Having lived abroad for most of my professional career, I have an interest in supporting international health partnerships and support our Health Board’s link with Lesotho, South Africa as part of the Wales for Africa programme.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Helene Belmans

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.