Skip to content

Fiona Montgomery

Scottish Government Deputy Director, Head of Leading Improvement Team

Scottish Government

Image of 'Fiona Montgomery

Biography

I've been in the Scottish Government (and it's previous incarnations) for a long time! Worked in many different areas from Finance Policy - Spending Reviews - to Agricultural Statistics with a bit of Social Justice too. Led theTeam introducing the Patient RIghts (Scotland) Act. Finally found my dream job in Improvement 🙂
I lead a Scottish Government (SG) national team to improve outcomes for the people of Scotland by building QI capacity and supporting improvement projects. Since undertaking IHI Improvement Adviser training I’ve been involved in a range of introductory and scoping discussions with business areas interested in using QI, projects and capacity building. We support a very wide range of business areas from within SG and in the wider public services, including third sector. We use a range of methodology depending on the nature of the issue, mostly what we call the improvement journey; the lens of profound knowledge; and the model for improvement. This is what we teach people to Practitioner level. We also provide Faculty support to the expert level Scottish Improvement Leader Programme. As a founder member of ScIL I provide mentoring for participants and support regular project surgeries.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Fiona Montgomery

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.