Skip to content

Deepak Ravindran

Consultant Pain Medicine

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust

Image of 'Deepak Ravindran

Biography

I am passionate about Pain Medicine and in improving education to the public and other HCPs around the advances in my field and how it can improve our understanding about Pain in general and its management. I am especially interested in a diverse set of painful conditions such as neuropathic pain, Fibromyalgia, Complex Regional pain Syndrome and Spinal pain. I am trauma informed and ACE aware and am of the opinion that talking about neurobiology and exploring an integration of physical and mental health and the social determinants of health is the logical way forward for providing value in healthcare. In that sense, I believe and practice upstream medicine.

I have been a Consultant for Pain Medicine and Anaesthesia  at Royal Berkshire Foundation Trust since 2010. I am Lead Consultant for IPASS service since 2015. I have been Lead for Pain Medicine service at Royal Berkshire Hospital since 2015. I am also a visiting lecturer with the department of Pharmacy at Reading University

Trained in Anaesthesia and Pain medicine in India (JIPMER), Oxford and UCL and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) London. Pain Fellowship in UCL.

Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine and Royal College of Anaesthetists, Fellow of the Interventional Pain Practice, European diploma in Regional Anaesthesia, Diploma in Musculoskeletal Medicine.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Deepak Ravindran

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.