Skip to content

Daniel Wolstenholme

Director of the Centre for Quality Improvement and Clinical Audit

Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists

Image of 'Daniel Wolstenholme

Biography

I have a successful career in applied research and knowledge mobilisation (KM), building on my clinical career as a nurse. Most recently (2011- present) I have had programmatic and project leadership roles within the NIHR CLAHRC YH (Previously NIHR CLAHRC SY). I have led and managed the innovative TK2A theme. This has been combined with a role within the CLAHRC YH Core Team where I influenced the strategic direction of the CLAHRC and had a national leadership role in communications and knowledge mobilisation.  In this time, I have made a significant academic methodological contribution to the development of KM especially with regard to the use of creative methods of co-production. This has involved integrating design into KM and co-production as well as the use of Lego Serious Play (for which I am one of few UK facilitators). I have a legacy of obtaining impact from the KM work an example being the outputs of the Better Services by Design project (www.bsbd.org.uk). Which has developed an international reputation and increasing invitations to lead workshops and present on KM.

This academic success is supported by my grant capture and income generation. I have led on the grant applications and all stages of delivery and dissemination. This has required high level strategic and operational skills, working to deliver a wide portfolio of projects with a range of funders and project partners. As a PI and co-applicant: I have brought in over £1 million pounds in grants (see CV).  My publication record spans the last 15 years with over 30 contributions and more in press this year.

My knowledge and expertise regarding research processes and systems has been further enhanced by previous management and leadership roles in NHS R&D e.g. my roles in Chesterfield NHS Foundation Trust and Sheffield – Establishing and Leading the Research Department and Leading on Research education in Sheffield.

My Research dissemination expertise is demonstrated through Paper and poster prizes at conferences, and well over 20 conference presentations.  I also plan and deliver conferences, I am a core member of the organising committee for the International Design4Health conference and co-facilitator of the Yorkshire and Humber Region Royal College of Nursing Research Society, which this year has bought the International Research Conference to Sheffield.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Daniel Wolstenholme

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.