Skip to content

Ciara Robertson

Improvement Advisor

Healthcare Improvment Scotland

Image of 'Ciara Robertson

Biography

My current role  in Healthcare Improvement Scotland is in the mental health improvement portfolio as an improvement advisor.   I work with health and social care providers and people with lived experience to co-design and support delivery of high quality mental health and wellbeing services.   My role involves supporting programmes across the portfolio to understand issues, develop, test and spread new ways of working. I am also studying for a clinical doctorate at the University of Stirling - with a focus on working in partnership with people who have lived experience in improvement programmes.    Before moving to HIS,  I worked as a Speech and Language Therapist for over 20 years supporting people who have complex communication and swallowing needs.    In my professional role, I worked within multi-disciplinary teams supporting adults who had intellectual disabilities in both community and inpatient settings.

My background in Speech and Language Therapy provides a strong understanding of communication and  meaningful engagement.   Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, across agencies has highlighted the importance of understanding others and working collaboratively to ensure positive experiences and outcomes for people who need help with their mental health.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Ciara Robertson

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.