Skip to content

Christian Subbe

Senior Clinical Lecturer, Improvement Science Fellow

Bestsi Cadwaladr University Health Board

Image of 'Christian Subbe

Biography

I am a graduate from the University of Cologne, Germany where I also completed my postgraduate research in respiratory pathophysiology (Doctor of Medicine by thesis) with the late Prof. K Wassermann.

After training posts in the United Kingdom and Germany and time as a volunteer for "Médecins sans Frontières" in Angola I have acquired certificates of completion of training in respiratory, general internal and intensive care medicine in the Welsh deanery.

I have been in post as a consultant in Acute and Intensive Care Medicine at the Wrexham Maelor Hospital since December 2006 and as a Senior Clinical Lecturer at the School of Medical Sciences, Bangor University since October 2009. I have moved to the Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor in 2011.

As part of my training I have undertaken fellowships at the National Institute for Public Health in Rennes, France looking at organisation of acute services and at Temple University, Philadelphia and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA studying ventilator dependent rehabilitation units.

Beyond my clinical work I am actively involved in Research and Development with a focus on Identification of critically ill patients on general wards.
I have been involved on a national level as member of the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) working party on Acute Medicine (2004), collaborator for the working party on the Interface of Acute and Critical Care Medicine, advisor for the National Confidential Inquiry into Patient Outcome and Death (NCEPOD) for their report “An Acute Problem” (2005) and referee for the research and development funding body of the Irish Ministry of Health, Wellcome trust, MRC. I undertake regular peer review for a number of international journals.

I co-chaired the C@RTREF Future Hospital demonstrator project in BCUHB using video assisted clinics for elderly patients in rural North Wales.

I been appointed as an Improvement Science Fellow for the Health Foundation in February 2017 to investigate the impact of patent created documentation on safety in hospital.

I have authored over 50 pubmed-listed publications including the first peer-reviewed paper on Early Warning Scores (EWS) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=subbe).

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Christian Subbe

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.