Skip to content

Cheryl Davies

Programme Manager - Healthy Ageing

Wessex AHSN

Image of 'Cheryl Davies

Biography

I have over 18 years experience working at national, commissioning and acute provider level within the NHS. Since 2007, I have worked in an acute setting in operational, business and project management roles working with Divisional Directors, Executives, Clinical Leads and Care Group Management teams working across both clinical and social service boundaries.  I am presently working for the Wessex Academic Health Science Network as Programme Manager for Healthy Ageing.

I have a strong statistical, analytical and management background, obtaining a 2:1 BSc Population Statistics from Southampton. I am an advocate of measurement for improvement and was involved in the contributing to the NHS Improvement Making Data Count document.

I have completed the NHS Edward Jenner Leadership Programme and the NHS Improvement QSIR (Quality, Service, Improvement, Redesign) programme and will graduate in January 2019. I have actively participated in the NHS Elect Quality Improvement training and webinars and have completed the School for Change Agent Programme and I am a Fab Ambassador demonstrating my clear desire to improve services for our patients across the NHS.

During 2017-2018, I was seconded as Project Manager across Emergency Medicine (EM) and Medicine for Older People (MOP) at University Hospital Southampton Foundation Trust, leading two national projects transforming front door services; Ambulatory Emergency Care (AEC) and Acute Frailty; both of which have been succesfully delivered and have transformed the flow through emergency medicine.

I am passionate about QI and improving service provision and care for older people. In October 2018, I joined the Wessex Academic Health Science Network as Programme Manager for Healthy Ageing and I am looking forward to helping to support the local health economy in spreading good practice for our older population.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Cheryl Davies

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.