Skip to content

Carole Hallam

Independant Nurse Consultant

Self employed

Image of 'Carole Hallam

Biography

I have over 40 years experience as a nurse with 20 years working as an Infection Control Nurse before moving to a lead nurse role for quality improvement. My first experience of quality improvement methods was in 2006 when I was involved with the Safer Patient Initiative (SPI). This was a quality improvement initiative based on the IHI Model for Improvement to increase patient safety with a focus on a number of infection prevention initiatives.

As well as the ‘day job’, since 2005 I have worked in a voluntary capacity with Medical Support in Romania (MSR) to provide support to hospitals in Romania. Working alongside the local staff to help them adopt quality improvement methods, they have been able to introduce of nursing care plans, high impact interventions, pressure ulcer risk assessment, cannula VIP (visual infusion phlebitis) scores and clinical audit; all are new initiatives in the country.

In August 2019, I decided to work as an independent nurse allowing me to work on the projects that I am passionate about. My passion is to do the right thing, for the right patient at the right time and to get this right we must listen to what our patients tell us!

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Carole Hallam

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.