Skip to content

Ben Talbot (PCQI)

Global Continuous Improvement Manager

Sciensus

Image of 'Ben Talbot (PCQI)

Biography

I have worked within Quality and Continuous Improvement (CI) for almost 8 years, and within Private Home Healthcare for just over 14 years. I have extensive knowledge and experience in multiple Operational, Governance and Regulatory roles, including Patient Safety, Complaints Management, and most recently in Quality Management and CI.

As the Global Continuous Improvement Manager, I am responsible for shaping the overall CI strategy across the business. Creating and evolving a robust governance framework and supporting toolkit to enable and inspire a culture of empowerment and innovation to flourish across every part of the business.

The CI function has two key responsibilities. Firstly we’re responsible for establishing, coordinating, communicating, aligning, and monitoring cross-functional improvement programmes and change activity across the organisation. Incorporating all elements of process, organisation and people, technology, information/data, and behavioral/cultural change. Secondly, for the delivery and continual evolution of our Quality and Improvement Education and upskilling program.

I am ambitious, driven and very team spirited. I adapt well and embrace change positively. I have excellent interpersonal skills and I am confident dealing with, presenting to, and aligning clients, customers, stakeholders, and personnel at all levels. I am well-versed in liaising with and hosting regulatory representatives, through formal audits with CQC, MHRA, ISO and pharmaceutical clients.

I designed and implemented a companywide Quality, Lean/Six Sigma training programme from Director to Front line level, to upskill, engage, enable and empower all colleagues to proactively identify and remove waste, increase efficiency, and reduce variation and rework. This focuses heavily on motivation, behavior, learning styles etc and ensures a holistic view on quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale.

As part of a small team, we successfully and swiftly achieved ISO9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems accreditation for the operational side of the business and continue to maintain this accreditation, whilst widening the scope over the following years. Building on the Quality Management Framework and embedding principles of Lean and Continuous Improvement throughout. Continually executing against our World-Class QMS vision.

I am a Practitioner Member of the Chartered Quality Institute and a proud and active member of the Department of Health; Q Community. I have a strong business acumen and keen eye for detail. I thrive as being part of a demanding and fast paced environment, making considerable contributions to the business performance, Engaging colleagues and ultimately driving better patient outcomes.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Ben Talbot (PCQI)

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.