Skip to content

Ann Innes (she/ her/ they)

Chief Officer

East Dunbartonshire Voluntary Action

Image of 'Ann Innes

Biography

I am the Chief Officer at East Dunbartonshire Voluntary Action. We are the Third Sector Interface within the local authority area. As part of my role I sit on the local Integration Joint Board which oversees the local health and social care partnership, and I also sit on the Community Planning Board. We are the administrators in East Dunbartonshire for the Scottish Government's Communities Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund (now in year 2 of this fund) which provides funding to support local community projects which deliver a wide range of activities aimed at decreasing social isolation, increasing wellbeing and ultimately have a role in preventing poor mental health. Prior to this I was  CEO with CACE - Older People, Active Lives,  and before that I was the Head of Outreach with Prostate Cancer UK where I had responsibility for Peer Support, Health Information and our Men at Risk Programme(health awareness) . Before that I worked for the British Lung Foundation and for Breast Cancer Care in roles involving peer support and health awareness. I am based in North Lanarkshire, Scotland. Outside of work I am involved as a volunteer with two peer support initiatives, as a board member and peer supporter with a small charity working with people who have the experience of "hearing voices" and/or self harm and their family members, and I am a peer supporter with a small group for parents of transgender children/ young adults

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Ann Innes

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.