Skip to content

Q logo

Biography

I joined the Patient Safety Collaborative / West Midlands Academic Science Network in 2016 as Quality Improvement & Human Factors Facilitator. Current work areas: maternity & Q

A  perioperative nurse by background with more that 25 years in various roles within the perioperative field. My interests include perioperative & maternity care, team working, human factors, safety/quality improvement and communities of practice.

I am always open to professionally related sharing, learning & networking.

Talks offered

• Communities of Practice: Driving Improvement by Encouraging Collaboration (joint talk with Katherine Joel)

Touching upon examples from the Health Innovation Network and West Midlands AHSN, this session will offer attendees the opportunity to get to grips with the theory and practicalities of convening, hosting and being a member of a community of practice. This talk will provide honest insight into the benefits and challenges of using community of practice methodology to drive improvement and will offer tips as to how attendees can successfully create their own communities. There will be plenty of time for questions and for others to share what their experiences too.

Contact Ann Abbassi

* required fields

Your message will be sent to this person's email address, and a copy will be kept on the server in case of delivery failures. By ticking this box you are agreeing to the Health Foundation's privacy policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.