Skip to content

Q logo

Biography

Senior Improvement Manager for Emergency Department Quality & Delivery Framework

Q connector for Wales. Previously won a Q Exchange bid for the 'Repeat Prescribing through Co-design' work and was named a 'Super Connector' during the Q exchange event for connecting the frequent attenders work in Oxford to the Welsh Emergency Department Frequent Attenders Network, which I support.

Currently on secondment from Improvement Cymru.

I co-ordinated the Pharmacy in Practice Community of Practice for Wales for 5 years, utilising the frameworks of Wegner and applying the liberating structures of the Plexus institute.

Interested in applied complexity science to health. Member of MetaPH & regular user of the Sant Fe Institute for Complexity MOOC's. I apply the Cynefin framework and  sensemaking when applicable to the help; helping others to explore news ways of working.

Diagnostic Radiographer by background, interested in decision making, behavioural change & MDT working.

Portfolio includes HSJ award winning radiographer led emergency pallative cancer pathway, supporting MediWales award winner : Collaboration with NHS and supporting NHS Wales Award Winning team for work in Primary Care. I've been involved in work around  repeat prescribing, antimicrobial resistance, atrial fibrillation, primary care early years, community paramedics & primary care dietetics.

Previously worked for Cardiff & Vale UHB radiology in Nuclear medicine & Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI); keeping my hand in with the latter.

My change in career occurred after my first project to improve the experience for claustrophobic patients in MRI by using improvement, development and psychological techniques.

I've further developed my knowledge around the behavioural sciences, service improvement in open systems and systems thinking.

Motto - "Everyday is a school day"

Q Exchange ideas

Blog posts

Contact Andrew Ware

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.