Skip to content

Andrea Hirst

Quality Management Radiographer (Radiotherapy)

Weston Park Cancer Centre Sheffield

Image of 'Andrea Hirst

Biography

Hi,

I trained as a therapeutic radiographer at the Sheffield School of Radiography and gained my DCR(T) in 1988.

Having worked my way up to Senior 1 I offered to help out with the Quality Management System on a temporary basis in 1999 - I am still helping out!

I am currently studying towards an MSc in Advancing Healthcare Practice with the Open University, which has so far been very rewarding if challenging.

I am a keen advocate of ensuring that our service is as accessible as it can be to all individuals and act as the lead for disabilities for radiation services in the Trust. I also am a bit of a psychology geek and am really interested in Human Factors in relation to radiotherapy errors.

On a personal level, I am married to Craig (ex-linac maintenance technician) and we have two amazing teenage boys. Spare time is a bit of a mystery concept but I do try to squeeze in a few sessions at the gym each week. When the weather is good we also try and make the most of where we live, spending time walking in the beautiful Peak District.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Andrea Hirst

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.