Skip to content

Andrea Boyd

Associate Improvement Advisor with Healthcare Improvement Scotland. (Secondment)

Healthcare Improvement Scotland

Image of 'Andrea Boyd

Biography

My professional career spans over 27 years, predominantly in the field of mental health, and I have been innovative and creative to support service developments as a Senior Occupational Therapist. An example includes ‘pocket ideas – a moment in time’, an activity book which was developed to help stimulate conversation with older people in an in-patient setting. It was designed to be used by any staff member or carer, and it was extremely successful winning a local and national award.

I have a warm personality and I am enthusiastic, conscientious, dedicated, creative, motivated and passionate about making a positive difference. I work well as part of a team, enjoy new challenges, opportunities for learning, and I have a person centred approach to problem solving.

In my current role as an Associate Improvement Advisor (AIA) I have the opportunity to influence and lead staff and teams nationally in Scotland to support best practice, and encourage small tests of change using the Model of Improvement. I'm working with the Mental Health Improvement Portfolio and specifically within the Scottish Patient Safety Programme. I'm really enjoying all the experience and learning.

I'm looking forward to being part of the Q community as it will support me to develop my quality improvement skills, knowledge and experience by networking with a like minded enthusiatic community. 🙂

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Andrea Boyd

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.