Skip to content

Biography

My role is provide improvement coaching and advice, as well as ‘internal consultancy’ services. During my 5 years in the NHS I have lead and delivered a wide variety of improvement projects working with multiple specialties and operational teams including: paediatrics, maternity, respiratory, ophthalmology, day surgery, operating theatres, private patients and outpatients. I also managed private patient services and headed up the Private Patient Unit. Before joining the NHS I spent 13 years in the private sector as a Senior Manager at RBS and as a Management Consultant for Accenture and IBM Business Consulting Services. I am currently a PhD student at the University of Bristol where I am researching the role of management consultants in the NHS. I have an MBA from London Business School and an MA (Law) from Oxford.

News stories

Have you heard about FAB?

Andrea Gibbons, Q connector and FAB ambassador, explains what the Academy of Fabulous Stuff is and how you can get involved.

My Improvement Journey: Andrea Gibbons

Andrea shares her passion for building 'a movement of evidence based improvement in the NHS' and the need to professionalise delivery for transformational change. She is an Improvement Advisor at Taunton & Somerset NHS Trust, a PhD Student at the University of Bristol and a Q Connector.

On a journey towards evidence based improvement

Andrea Gibbons, Improvement Advisor at Taunton and Somerset NHS Trust, shares her journey towards evidence-based improvement - including creating a new Improvement Librarian role.

Reflections on the South West AHSN Annual Conference

On the 16 November, South West AHSN hosted their annual conference in Exeter. Andrea Gibbons, Improvement Advisor at Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, reflects on the event.

Contact Andrea Gibbons

* required fields

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

External links

Areas of interest

Get updates from Q