Skip to content

Andrea Gibbons

National Evidence 4 QI Lead | QI Evidence Lead | Academic

Somerset NHS FT | University of Bristol

Image of 'Andrea Gibbons

Biography

I'm a NHS senior manager, QI coach, researcher, change agent and knowledge sharing enthusiast! I'm passionate about helping the NHS use evidence for quality improvement better. In 2019 our work in this space won the Collaboration Award at the Institute of Continuous Improvement in Public Services, and we came 2nd in the HSJ Support Service of the Year category. We have also been fortunate in winning 2 Q community awards.

During my 10+ years in the NHS I have lead operational teams and have delivered a wide variety of improvement projects working with multiple specialties.

I'm currently part of a team of academics at the University of Bristol, exploring the role of management consultants in the NHS, how we can use them better and the alternatives to external management consultancies. To find out more check out: https://research-information.bris.ac.uk/en/projects/use-of-external-management-consultancy-in-the-nhs-an-evidence-bas

Before joining the NHS I spent 13 years in the private sector as a Senior Manager at RBS and as a Management Consultant for Accenture and IBM Business Consulting Services. I have a PhD from the University of Bristol in the role of management consultants in the NHS, an MBA from London Business School and an MA in Law from Oxford.

I have 3 children and live in Somerset.

Q Exchange ideas

Blog posts

Contact Andrea Gibbons

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.