Skip to content

Affra Al Shamsi (She/Her)

Strategic Transformation Lead

Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust

Image of 'Affra Al Shamsi

Biography

I am the Strategic Transformation Lead at Dorset Healthcare, I am passionate about making the NHS better for patients and staff. I am also keen on connecting siloes & celebrating what every individual brings to the table. I initially moved to Dorset to take the role of Head of NHS Dorset Knowledge and Library Services, where I focused on knowledge mobilisation between individuals, departments and teams and across organisations. I worked in Kent before that where I was part of Medway Innovation Institute, currently working on projects across Dorset. I have worked in knowledge services in healthcare for over 16 years, where I always got involved in services transformation and improvement and in creating opportunities for collaborative work. Before joining Medway I did my PhD in Sheffield on understanding the factors that affect knowledge sharing, communication and teamwork in healthcare cross-professional teams.

I am a multi-disciplinary professional with a passion for Transformation, Quality Improvement, Knowledge Mobilisation(KMb) and Evidence for Decision Making. I am a QSIR practioner, QI and KMb coach and worked with Medway Innovation Institute to support Medway professionals identify, carry out and implement QI projects. One of my favourite projects is marrying KMb and QI processes to deliver the best results.

Personally, I like to challenge myself. I enjoy running, and have completed several races over the last years. I also like going for long walks and finding new places to enjoy, sketching and drawing, and mushroom spotting!

Q Exchange ideas

• Dorset Knowledge & Intelligence Exchange

We propose creating a multi-modal, searchable, peer-reviewed platform allowing Dorset NHS organisations to exchange knowledge, learning and information. A ‘one-stop-shop, to exchange knowledge and intelligence, enabling learning alignment and standardisation.

Contact Affra Al Shamsi

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.