Skip to content

Adam Dalby

Specialty Doctor, Emergency Medicine and ED/EAU Clinical Governance Lead for Scarborough Hospital. Care Group 2 QI Lead, Scarborough Hospital. Senior Lecturer, Patient Safety and Improvement Sciences, Module Lead (QI), MSc Physician Associate Studies, Hull York Medical School

York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Image of 'Adam Dalby

Biography

I qualified in 2011 with a BSc (Hons) in Medical Sciences and Management from Imperial College Business School. I graduated in 2015 from The Queen's University of Belfast with a degree in medicine. I also hold a PGCert in Health Economics from The University of Aberdeen. I hold an Executive MBA (with distinction) from the University of Hull.

I have had significant experience in QI and leadership in healthcare since I started my third year of medical school in 2011. I founded 'The Queen's Healthcare Leadership Forum', which has held multiple events on healthcare improvement, leadership and management, across disciplines. It is still in existence over a decade later - led by students, and open to everyone involved in health and social care.

I have worked in multiple Trusts and have engaged in various strategic and departmental projects throughout the last six years since I qualified as a doctor.

I have previously been a management and leadership trainee in a large Trust, working with the Chief Medical Officer.

I am an l Emergency Medicine Specialty Doctor, and the Clinical Governance Lead in Scarborough Emergency Department and Emergency Assessment Unit. I also lead Quality Improvement within care Group 2 in Scarborough Hospital

My interests are in implementing quality improvement projects that bring tangible results, health economics, patient safety, and patient flow. Another interest I hold is in the application of 'systems thinking' in improving healthcare delivery.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Adam Dalby

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.