Skip to content

Adam Burrell

Methodology Lead (QSIR)

NHS England

Image of 'Adam Burrell

Biography

With over 10 years’ experience in the NHS, I use my clinical background to improve the quality of services within healthcare organisations. I am highly skilled in the design and facilitation of running large complex change programmes that help support groups of clinical and managerial staff from across local systems and regions to identify improvement opportunities, design improvement interventions, create capacity and capability for sustainable improvement and evaluate the impacts of those improvements.

Q Exchange ideas

Blog posts

• My Improvement Journey: Adam Burrell

Adam Burrell, Methodology Lead at NHS England, shares his improvement journey and discusses his work leading on the national quality service improvement and redesign programme.

• Dealing with team management in a socially distant world

Q member, Adam Burrell discusses the importance of team building from a distance and providing support to employees going through the biggest challenge the health service has faced.

• The power of feedback

Adam Burrell makes the case for appreciative and constructive feedback in healthcare as vital for successful improvement work.

• Let today be the start of something new

Motivation and how to use it is a complex science, motivating yourself is hard, motivating others is even harder. When trying to make improvements in the NHS we need to think carefully about how we motivate our staff to bring about change and improve patient outcomes.

• Rage Against the Fax Machines

Increasingly, NHS organisations are encouraged to rely upon LEAN tools and consultancy models to look at inefficiencies within the service. Adam Burrell explores the usefulness of these tools within the complex, unique and human system of the NHS.

Contact Adam Burrell

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.